A police detective filmed hitting a teenager with his police baton has denied assaulting the boy.
Det Con Kevin Rowley, of Southend, Essex, is accused of attacking the boy while carrying out an arrest in Romford, East London, on 22 April.
He was charged with common assault by beating following an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), the Met Police said.
Det Con Rowley appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court to deny the charge.
He was released on bail ahead of a trial at Hendon Magistrates’ Court on 23 January.
The force said it made a referral to the police watchdog following an arrest of a 17-year-old on suspicion of possession of class B drugs in Heath Park Road.
Footage of the arrest was widely circulated on social media.
Det Con Rowley, based at East Area Command Unit, is currently on restricted duties, the Met added.
The Only Way Is Essex star Lewis Bloor has denied conspiring to defraud investors in an alleged £3m diamond scam.
The 29-year-old appeared alongside six other men at Southwark Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to dishonestly marketing coloured diamonds for investment purposes.
Four of his co-defendants also denied conspiracy to defraud.
A trial has been set for 1 September next year.
Mr Bloor, of Buckhurst Hill, Essex, appeared in the ITV2 show for three years from 2013 as well as Celebrity Big Brother in 2016.
He sat in the dock with his co-defendants Joseph Jordan, 26, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, George Walters, 27, from Beckenham, south-east London, Max Potter, 22, of Enfield, north London, and Nathan Wilson, 25, of Brentwood, Essex, who all also pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to defraud.
Simon Akbari, 25, from Loughton, Essex, did not enter a plea to the same charge.
Another co-defendant, 52-year-old Danny Chappell, of Bexleyheath, south-east London, denied a charge of seeking money for completing renovation works which had not been undertaken, which is alleged to have taken place on 31 May 2014.
A hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court last month heard there were 50 victims of the alleged fraud with “in excess” of £3m lost between 17 May 2013 and 19 June 2014.
Former Blue Peter presenter John Leslie has denied sexually assaulting a woman 11 years ago.
Mr Leslie, 54, is accused of sexually touching the woman, then aged 30, without her consent in Westminster on 5 December 2008.
Judge Jeffrey Pedgen released Mr Leslie on unconditional bail after he pleaded not guilty at Southwark Crown Court on Thursday.
Mr Leslie, from Edinburgh, is due to stand trial in March 2020.
He presented BBC’s Blue Peter between 1989 and 1994 with co-hosts including Caron Keating, Tim Vincent, Anthea Turner and Diane-Louise Jordan.
Mr Leslie, whose full name is John Leslie Stott, then went on to present ITV’s This Morning and was also a regular host of the Wheel of Fortune game show.